The brains behind the new range of Electronic Wastegates, Turbosmart’s Black Box Wastegate Controller can be used in cooperation with a range of Factory, Aftermarket and Motorsport ECU’s to help achieve boost control like never before.
Providing protection from the current demands and translation of basic as well as more advanced boost control strategies into a gate position, the Black Box can be used on single, or twin electronic wastegate systems for the ultimate in boost control.
Dual Channel with a high current Capable H-Bridge Driver, it is fully compatible with all of Turbosmart’s range of Electronic External Wastegates, including the StraightGate50 as well as their electronic poppet style gates including; CompGate40, HyperGate45, ProGate50 and PowerGate60 electronic Wastegates.
The BlackBox is capable of multiple strategies and is able to accept PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) inputs as used for traditional boost control solenoids, 0-5v position target, CAN position target and CAN bus override for more advanced ECU’s where control strategy can be developed natively. It also provides for auto-calibration of Electronic External Wastegates via a full sweep and includes over temp safety features using the temperature sensor inputs.
Pre-configured out of the box with the flow vs. lift calibration data of all electronic actuated Wastegates from Turbosmart for simple setup and accurate boost control, the Black Box offers advanced control whilst still being user friendly with all settings able to be adjusted via a simple USB connection and PC based application with unlimited control strategies able to be implemented with the CAN based override system where your strategy is limited only by your ECU’s capability.
- Dual-Channel High Current H-Bridge Outputs
- 2 x Wastegate Valve Position Inputs (0-5v)
- 2 x Wastegate Temperature Inputs (0-5v)
- 2 x Frequency Inputs (Advanced Wastegate Position Encoder)
- PWM Target Position Input
- Analog 0-5v Position Target
- CAN Bus Position Demand Target
- CAN Bus Valve Area Target
- CAN Bus Programmable PID Mode Option
- Factory Loaded PID Calibration for all Turbosmart eGates
- Internal Over-Current Protection
- Internal Over-Temp Protection
- Auto Position Calibration
- Anodized Aluminium Housing
- 34 Pin Superseal Connector
- CompGate-40 eWG
- HyperGate-45 eWG
- ProGate-50 eWG
- PowerGate-60 eWG
- StraightGate-50 eWG